01 02 03 I'D RATHER BE SEWING: Easter Sewing 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Easter Sewing

34
This week has been a little rough.  My grandma passed away and we went to her funeral a couple weeks ago. Then we flew to California for a big family trip we had had planned for months.  A day or two after we got back we heard that Michael's grandma had passed away and so we quickly planned a trip out to SLC this weekend for her funeral. Too many funerals.  I'm looking forward to seeing family in Utah, however I do wish it was under different circumstances.  

It's been a long, busy week getting everything ready to go out of town again.  I made it extra busy by taking on 3 sewing projects.  On Monday I altered a prom dress for a cute girl from my church, on Tuesday I sewed J's Easter dress, and on Wednesday/Thursday I sewed up A's outfit for Easter.  During this time the house was a disaster and I may or may not have showered regularly.  

It seems like I'm always rushing to finish a sewing project these days, and it always feels somewhat stressful.  That's when I ask myself if it's worth it.  My kids don't really get any joy out of it, well sometimes J likes the things I make, but that's not guaranteed.  Really I do it because I enjoy it, and because it's a creative outlet. I've found, especially as a mom, that sometimes I have to make my life a little bit harder to be a happier person.  It seems counter intuitive, but over the course of the day there isn't much that I only do for myself.  Sewing is something I only do for me.  It really comes down to fulfillment.  I know that two kids fed and happy and the end of the day is an accomplishment but it doesn't usually feel that way. I need the sense of accomplishment that sewing brings.  

Anyway, enough typing, onto the pictures.  


Finally purchased the Geranium dress pattern a couple months ago.  It's a great dress pattern, perfect for featuring a cute fabric like this one. I see a ton of these in J's future.


I bought this fabric after seeing it on my insta feed.  I LOVE it.  I love that you can't tell it's sushi until you get up close.  Such a fun print.



A's outfit was a bit more involved. I've had the Oliver + S museum vest and pants pattern on my mind for a while now.  I knew I needed to get it now that I had a boy to sew for and I'm so glad I did.  So many great details in this pattern!  My welt pockets aren't perfect, but I love them anyway. Talk about feeling accomplished. Welt pockets make me feel accomplished!




Yes, I am aware that these outfits look like they fit the same sized child. I promise they are for a 7 month old and 3 year old.  A is a giant.

Can we talk about this pants pattern for a second??? I mean pockets, welt pockets, belt loops, faux fly, topstiching- these are the real deal. These pants are really fun to sew and make you feel like a superstar, because you just sewed some freaking pants.  Oliver + S patterns are so great for that very reason.



Just when you think that the outfits don't match, BOOM!  Sushi fabric for everyone!


These flowers are growing like crazy and I really love them. I think they are the prettiest shade of purple.


The dress fits J perfectly, and she really loves it.  






You know, just the obligatory tree climbing/Easter dress picture. 


And now some of A.


His vest and trousers are a little roomy and I wish they fit better. But, I'd rather have them too big than too small.



Those pockets look even cuter on than off!  Sorry future teenage A, you just have the cutest baby bottom and I couldn't resist. 




Looking so dapper in his new outfit. 




Hope you all have a wonderful Easter.  I'm excited to spend the holiday with family and grateful for the opportunity to remember that we can be together forever as a family thanks to the Savior.

35 36 37 38